Here at Care Home Podiatry we believe everyone has the right to be treated as an individual. As such every single patient we treat has a Personalised Care Plan created with them on their first treatment with us.
So why is this so important?
- Everyone has their own goals for their foot care. For some it might be to make their nails look better, for others it might be to make walking more comfortable or to prevent foot problems.
- It gives us something to review our progress. If we know what our patients want to achieve we can continually check to make sure we are working towards these goals. We’re more than just a nail cutting service!
- We can engage our patients in their care. Although we attend frequently, many of the things which need to be done to maintain a persons foot health have to be done on a daily basis, such as using moisturising cream. If the patient has agreed to work with us to improve their foot health their outcomes are likely to be 100x better!
- Not everyone can communicate their wishes themselves. Within the care home community there are many people unable to voice their wishes or beliefs themselves. In these cases we will work with family members or care providers to better understand how we should care for these patients, and ensure these wishes and beliefs are respected at every treatment.
- Person centred care is a key component CQC inspectors look for.
Everyone has their own goals for their foot care – for some it might be to make their nails look better, for others it might be to make walking more comfortable or to prevent foot problems
Personal care plans are essential to treating our patients with the respect and dignity they deserve. Its a key part of being a service who cares.